I have decided that starting a fire in my wood stove is an art . . . that I suck at! There seem to be many factors that play into building a good, substantial fire. Like, the temperature and pressure outside, the kind of wood you use, how dry/wet that wood is, how much you put in, what kind of paper you use, the air space, and the list seems to go on, and on, and on, and ON!!! I am slowly getting the hang of it, but sometimes it just kicks my trash! Being an Arizona native my extent of starting a fire was putting the "cracklin' log" from Wal-Mart in the fireplace lighting the wrapper on fire and enjoying the scene because it sure as heck isn't going to put any heat out! At least not enough to actually make a difference in the room. Well, okay enough of my whining. I do like the winter's in Idaho. I LOVE the . . . well . . . ok . . . got one! I do like the snow to play in occasionally. I also like the way it looks, especially when the frost is on all the trees. It's soooo pretty :) Winter may be hard to get through sometimes, but I just keep reminding myself that someday it will be summer and I will be enjoying 70-80 degree weather (most of the time) and my Arizona family will be frying!!! he he (Just kiddin' I love 'em anyway) So, good luck to everyone surviving the winter and to all those in mild weather places, ENJOY!!!
2 comments:
Hello! You are right, we in Arizona will be frying in just a couple short months and you will be thawing out to the perfect temps! But the snow is truly beautiful.
Hey, I just got your blog from emilee's profile on facebook and thought I would check it out. I just liked this entry because being from Yuma, and coming up here where we need a fire everyday in the winter, I have gone through the same things. Almost 7 years later and I still suck at it. i am getting better, but still it takes about 3 trys to get it going and then I usually forget to add more wood and it is out by 10 in the morning and I have to do it over again. Man, I hate that. At least it isn't as cold as you though so I have something to be thankful for.
Post a Comment