"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Greetings From the Sticks

It is now February and we are one month closer to Summer!!! Yipeeeee :) So the other day the Idaho winter reared its ugly head and caused some chaos at our house. I came home from work and noticed this HUGE pond forming on the side of my house (about 6-7 inches deep). I got out of the car and noticed that the water hydrant (or spigot) on the side of our house had busted! This happens sometimes in the cold winters up here. Things freeze and bust! It's a lovely thing to deal with. Anyway, I called Rusty and found out where the water shut-off is and got things turned off. While I was doing this I discovered a puddle of water in our basement (only about 1-2 inches deep). So I gathered every towel we own and cleaned it up. My poor towels were disgusting, but this made me love my washing machine even more because it got all of the mud out of them and they were sparkly again :) Then I had to scoop all the water on the outside of the house and toss it into the yard so it wouldn't leak into our house. Oh, joy!!!! Sometimes being a homeowner is a pain in the rear, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Another thought I had is that I truly do live in the middle of nowhere!! And guess what . . . I LOVE IT!!!!!! I was just thinking the other day how we have already raised pigs on our place, we are planning on getting a calf to raise, we have a dog, two cats, and plenty of room to play. Our closest neighbor is 1/2 a mile down the road and we are surrounded by fields. We are 45min. to and hour away from the next big city (Rexburg or Idaho Falls), but I don't mind it. The people here are really great and down to earth. I feel like I fit in out here in the sticks. I love the country!!!! :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

lol...Ryan (aka Butch) would move back there in a heart beat! I would have to think twice about the small town thing, and the cold thing. So maybe I would have to think more than twice. (: Glad you love it!