"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Thursday, May 7, 2009

You know you live in a small town . . .

When a cop pulls you over on a regular basis just to say "Hi!" No joke, this really happens out here in Mudlake. It's CRAZY!! Rusty gets pulled over about once a month or so by the same officer. He never gets a ticket, so we figure he's just checking up on Rusty and seeing how things are going.

Another funny story is that just the other morning I got pulled over by this same officer for speeding. (48 mph in a 35mph zone! What can I say I was late!!) Anyways, the office asked me when the last time it was that I was pulled over. I told him that I couldn't remember. He told me that was good and I probably wouldn't be getting a ticket because of it.

Just a little side note:
Honestly, even if it was the day before I probably couldn't remember it. Also, just
because I haven't been pulled over recently doesn't mean I haven't been speeding,
it just means I haven't been caught! (I know I'm bad, I need to be better about
that)

Anyway, so the officer told me I wouldn't get a ticket, but he did ask to see my lisence. So, I showed it to him (I was already prepared for that one!) He looked at it, shook his head and then looked at me and said:

Officer: "Which Tuckett (my last name)?"
Me: "Rusty"
Officer: (Laughing) "You tell Rusty he owes me one!"
Me: (Laughing too, partially in disbelief) "Ok, I will!"

And that is how you know you live in a small town!!!! When the officer lets you go because he knows your family!!!! Gotta love it :) :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

lucky duck! (o:

The Eagar Boones said...

That is how it is here. George got pulled over the other day and it was the old school resource officer who he worked with. Just got a warning!! It's great.