"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Your Land and My Land"







Every year I do a program with my class (5th grade). It is a patriotic program and it involves singing, jokes, spoken parts, and even a small melodrama skit called "The Moo." It really is great fun and the best part about it is that once things are going smoothly . . . the kids do it ALL!!! Yeah!!

So, yesterday my students performed for the school and then for their parents last night. They were AWESOME!!! I have only done this twice now, but they were definitely the best so far! I hope that it only gets better in years to come. I have had countless teachers and parents come up to me and tell me what a great job the kids did and they truly were amazing.

I wish I had video to show you, but even if I did I'm not sure I'd be allowed to post it. Educational privacy laws are pretty strict, but I think it would be okay. I just can't give out any personal information. Yes, us teachers are not only educators, but part lawyer as well. Oh the joy!

Anyway, I just wanted to share with everybody how proud I am of my students and how lucky I am to be in a career that I LOVE (most days :) I love my job because of days like yesterday! Good job class :) :)






Hey, so I did get some pictures ;) Shhhh, don't tell ;)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun! Looks like that would be a highlight of teaching. (o:

annie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (In exactly 56 minutes) Wish we were gonna be there -- we'll have to do something excellent when we get back!