"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Attempt At Being "Crafty" :)

This week Rusty is in Salt Lake City, UT receiving more training and certification.  That means I have the house ALL to myself (not a good thing!)  :)  Because of that I've had some extra time on my hands (and my mind! Gotta distract it!!).

When my Mom came to visit me about a week ago we got some fabric to make a blanket.  I FINALLY finished it last night! This is a tie blanket that requires NO SEWING!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! (That's why I can make them! :) The sewing machine and I do NOT get along!)  :)

My new blankie is 2yrds of zebra and birght pink fleece and then intermittenly tied with matching pink embroidery floss.  So warm and comfy on these long winter nights! :)

Another one of my blankie :)


My next attempt at being "crafty" happened before the blanket, but it still needs some "tweeking" :) It is a burlap heart wreath I made for Valentine's Day, but with a twist.  I dyed half of the burlap pink! It turned out really cute! :)

Well that's all for now :) We'll see what else I can come up with and get accomplished while Rusty is gone :)

5 comments:

Meagan said...

So cute and fun and very crafty! Love the zebra print with the hot pink!

Alyssa said...

Adorable!! Next time you're in Yuma we should get crafty together! Being alone is no fun, I absolutely hate it when Mike is out of town. I'll e-mail you some fun blogs I always check out for super cute crafts to make if you get bored again!

Bobi... said...

I Love your zebe blanket! SO CUTE! Nice job on the crafty! :)

Carrie said...

Fun! I would say you were successful at the craftyness. (:

Leah said...

Good idea quilting throughout the middle! We have one of those blankets, but it's only tied around the edges. Very cute projects!