"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Miracle Pup!!

About two and a half weeks ago, on a Tuesday evening I was outside enjoying the weather with my two dogs, Dozer (St. Bernard), and Shasta (Border Collie).  I was raking up some leaves and waved at my neighbor who drove by, when all of a sudden I heard the most gut wrenching sound a dog could possibly make!

My poor little Shasta was hit by my neighbor's pickup!! I was DEVESTATED!!! We both thought that for sure she was not going to make it through the night.  However, she DID!!!! Not only did she make it through the night, but when I took her to the vet we found out that her injuries were MINIMAL!!!

My miracle pup got away with only a scratch on her head and a dislocated elbow!! AMAZING!!!!!! Because of this she has to be in a splint for two weeks.

Look at those eyes!!! How can you not LOVE her?!


Here is a better shot of what I call her "Purple Peg Leg" :)


This is Shasta just a few days ago.  I changed her splint and she now has a "Pink Peg Leg."

The plan was to leave her splint on for another week, but Shasta had other ideas. The other morning Rusty comes into the house and I see him holding Shasta who had torn her splint off AND chewed her leash so that it broke!!!! So, not only was she splint free, but also not tied up anymore.  Gotta love puppies!! ;)
Shasta is pretty much back to normal and just as bouncy and wiggly as EVER!!! I just LOVE my pup and I'm SO GLAD she's ok!!!!! :)

4 comments:

Bobi... said...

So happy she's doing great!

the Petterson Family said...

I showed this to Hannah (she loves dogs) and she started saying "woof woof!"

Glad she's okay. Her looked so traumatized in those first pics!

the Petterson Family said...

I meant 'she' not 'her'. I guess grammar is not my strong suit.

Meagan said...

beautiful dogs! i am glad she is doing well! :)