The month of September started out on a bit of a sad note. On Wednesday, August 31st my husband got a phone call saying that his Father was severely ill and in the hospital. For those of you that don't the relationship between my husband and his Dad have been severed for about 3 years now, so it was a bit of a shock to receive the phone call. The next day Rusty and Quin (the brother) went to see their Dad before he went into kidney surgery. Luckily, the two boys were able to see their dad and my some amends. Dennis (the dad) came out of surgery well. The doctors drained 2 gallons of fluid off of a cist on his kidney and placed a stint in. They were also hopeful about operating on his heart in a few days. The next morning (Friday, September 2nd), Dennis wanted to get out of bed and so the nurse helped him into a chair. Sometime in those ten minutes a blood clot released from his lungs, went into his weakened heart, and killed him. My Father-in-law passed away on Friday, September 2nd around 11:00am. Needless to say, not the best start to my month.
The middle of the month was pretty uneventful and FULL of preparations for the arrival of my mom at the end of the month. During those crazy hours, upon hours, of cleaning my brother Mike and I decided we needed to move his things out of the spare room upstairs into the "tractor" room downstairs. Well my basement is not completely finished and the concrete is well . . . COLD!!! So Mike asked to borrow some slippers :) This is what he got :)
Isn't he stylin' :)
So in order for Mike to move into the tractor room I had to clean the tractor room. So I spent the day cleaning each, little, individual tractor. Oh yes, oh so much fun!! NOT! Do you think maybe it was a little dusty.
Just a wee bit dusty I think :)
Can you tell I hardly EVER go downstairs :)
So that was the middle of my CRAZY month! Now for the end where it got REALLY crazy . . . AGAIN!! :) So my Mom came to visit and it was FABULOUS as always :) HOWEVER, MICHAEL I guess didn't think it was eventful enough for him, so he wrecked his bronco into a small washed out raavine while off roading. In the process he broke his elbow pretty severely and had to have surgery on it. They put a plate and SEVEN pins in his arm and 19 staples to close him up (He had me count! What are sisters for? :). Here is a pic of the gory goodness (Don't look if you have a weak stomach)
He looks like Frakenstein doesn't he?
So my mom, dad, and I got to spend a few days in the lovely Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center with a VERY onry, and in pain (hence the crabiness) patient. Oh joy! :) But I did get to see my Dad for a few days. That's a bonus!! :)
Now to round out the month. This technically happened in October, but it was all kinda smooched together and this point. A visit from my mother would not be complete without two things:
First . . .
A trip to Stockman's Restaurant. Home of the All You Can Eat Steak!!
Yep, that's right, all you can eat of beefy goodness!!
(It's my hubby's FAV!!)
AND . . .
SNOW!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Luckily it is all gone now and back to FALL weather.
As it SHOULD be!! :)
And that was my INSANE month of September!! Thank heavens it's now October!! :) Can't wait to see what this month brings :)





3 comments:
Oh, man! Tell Rusty I am sorry, but that I am glad that he got to see him and make amends before he passed. Miss you. Wish I coulda seen Mama B again.
I love insanity...I LIVE BY INSANITY!!! (I think you know that actually!!) We're crazy.
As for you guys. I'm sorry about the passing of Dennis. I'm sorry about Michael. BUT, I'm SO glad you were able to see your Dad and Mom for a bit too. Those moments are priceless. I hope you enjoyed them! I too, had a good time visiting your family for a smidge!
Sounds like you might be ready for a girls night?! Let me know when and we'll hit the town again!!!
Sorry about Rusty's dad. Glad they got to sort some things out before his passing. Super glad you got to see your mom (and dad)! Yay! And I think Pam's got the right idea... sounds like we need to get a big fat girls night going soon! :)
Post a Comment