"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Projects for the Little One

For the first time in a long time I used this summer as a true break from school! I didn't do one thing school related! Instead I kept myself occupied by preparing for my baby girl's arrival. I sewed and crafted until I was sewed and crafted out!! Here are some pics of my creations.
This was a onsie I found at a farmer's market
 and HAD to have it! :)
 

Of course I had to give it a little "style" :)


This is an all-in-one on-the-go changing pad I made.
I was actually pretty proud of myself for this one. 
It holds the diapers and wipes and has plastic on one side for changing.
 
 
This is what it looks like all folded up.
 

This is an up close pic of a cotton car seat cover I made to use
next summer.  My baby is so spoiled she gets a cover for every season! :)
 
This is the back of the cover.
 

This is the front.


                                        
 
This is a taz bib that I found at the same farmer's market as the onsie.
My husband likes Taz and Looney Tunes so I thought his
daughter could sport this. :)

 
This is another little onsie that I found and dressed up.
I CAN'T WAIT to see it on her! :)
 
Sorry this is sideways, but this is my diaper bag.
It is the diaper bag of MY DREAMS!! I LOVE it!!
Although it is proving to be a bit smaller than I had hoped.
Oh well, it's still DANG cute! :)
 
This is another car seat cover I made. 
It has these ADORABLE owls on the  front and
purple fleece on the back.  Nice and cozy for the winter!
 

Here is a close up of the flannel owls and the handles.
 

And yet ANOTHER car seat cover. I know, I know I'm spoiling her
already, but I just can't help myself!! :) This one is flannel on both sides.
Perfect for the "transition" seasons up here of fall and spring.

 
This was my own creation.  My husband and I both have leather seats
in our vehicles and we're pretty particular about it (ESPECIALLY the hubby!)
We always put a blanket down under carseats to prevent the leather from dimpling
and protect it from all the things kids throw and spill in a car.
This is a blanket that will cover the back and bottom of the seat.
The ribbons tie onto the headrests to hold it in place.  I hope it works! :)
 
This is a soft book I made for when she gets older. :)




 
I also made a nursing cover, a couple picture frames and some binkie clips.  I have IMMENSLY enjoyed my summer getting ready for my little girl to arrive.  Now the time is getting VERY close and I CAN'T WAIT to see her!! :)
 
 
 

1 comment:

Mardi said...

you are oh so talented! she will be one loved little girl! so excited for you!