"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!!

I'm going to do this a little backwards, with the good last :) Save the best for last right? :)

The Bad:
Last Saturday night I started to feel pain in my chest and just generally yucky! The next morning when I woke up my illness was in FULL SWING and didn't stop for A WEEK!!!! Nothing ever takes me out for that long, but this was awful!

Early Monday morning (5:30am) I woke up and couldn't breathe (very scary!), so later Rusty took me into the doctor and he diagnosed me with strep throat and gave me two shots in my butt!! Not fun! So, now my body, ached, I had a fever, my chest and throat felt on fire, and my butt was sore! Oh joy :)

Tuesday I felt a little better, but then I woke up Wednesday morning and felt like the bus that had run over me, backed up and did it again. So, I went back into the doctor and they decided it wasn't the flu or even a virus at all. It was a "bacterial infection" whatever that means. All I know is it meant ANOTHER shot in the hind end and a serious round of antibiotics that tore up my stomach.

The Ugly:
Despite the lovely side effects of the medicine I was feeling better starting Friday. Unfortunately, on Saturday (the one week anniversary of getting sick) my tongue, tonsils, and glands in my throat, started to swell and I couldn't taste a thing!! Plus, swallowing is not the funnest. So, this all sounded pretty strange to me so I called the doc and it turns out I was having an allergic reaction to the medication, so now I'm on a new antibiotic and hopefully this is the end of my long, tiring, sick spell :)

The Good:

On the bright side of all this being sick, it has caused me to loose about 5lbs. Hey, I'm happy about that :) Another good thing that came of all this was that Rusty brought me the most BEAUTIFUL flowers!! How sweet is that?! Also, all the teachers at the school I work at pitched in and sent me flowers! I have good neighbors :)

4 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

Yay! I am glad you have a blog. Blogging is one of my favorite things. I'm sorry that you have been sick. Can I add you to my sidebar??

Brianna Tuckett said...

Heck ya! Please do add me! I already added you, I hope that's ok :)

Annie Tuckett said...

what a good man. :) they do impress sometimes don't they!
it was way fun to see you guys last night ... the boys & Maggie love you both!

Carrie said...

geez girl! Hope you are feeling better, that sounds like one heck of a week.