"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Monday, March 30, 2009

Mechanic's Widow

For the past month and a half Rusty has been doing some extra work on the side (he's a workaholic, but I love him :) working on a guy's truck (semi) engine. (More horsepower!! It's a guy thing!) So, for the past LONG while I have been, what I like to call, a mechanic's widow :) Anyways, while Rusty has been spending his nights and into the wee hours of the morning with this guy working on his truck they have, needless to say, become friends.

Well, it turns out that this guy is really pretty cool. He hauls cows all over the country for a living, but before he did that he trained working dogs (work cows and sheep, like on the movie Babe)for awhile and still does a little bit. Anyways, he has a dog named Gus, who is a border collie and the coolest dog EVER!!! He also used to have a female dog named Cindy who won the National Working Dog Championships! Unfortunately she was run over by a car a while ago. Sad day for him :(

Because Rusty and this guy became friends, he offered Rusty one of the young dogs that he had on his place. He had two female border collie/catahoula crosses. For those of you who don't know catahoulas are also working dogs, but they have a more timid nature and disposition than the border collie, but both are VERY INTELLIGENT and loyal dogs. Oh, did I also mention that they are both granddaughters of Gus (the coolest dog EVER!!!) Their names are Foxy and Shaggy. Foxy acts a lot more like a catahoula, but looks just like a border collie. She is a light brown and white. Shaggy, on the other hand, looks more like a catahoula, but is just as sweet and mild manered as a border collie. She is also a light brown and white, but instead of her coat being sleek, like a border collie she's . . . SHAGGY :)

So, which one did Rusty and I choose? Keep watching and I'll update you in a couple days when I get pictures taken.

P.S. If you already know the answer don't give it away in your comments :)

P.S.S. There you go Annie, I updated it :) he he :)

1 comment:

annie said...

oh happy day!!!
I's so proud.
I feel your pain --- being a mechanic's widow ranks right up there with trucker/farmer widow, wouldn't you say. At least with the farming we could get out there and actually help, not just hear about it all and not really know what they are talking about. :) It's after nine and Quintaro is still MIA. What's up with their LOVE of WORKING? At least we know we'll never go hungry! peace babe!