"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Going to Camp!!

Last week, Bishop called me into his office (and we all know what that means . . . new calling) and he asked me to be the Assisstant Camp Director!


AHHHHH!!!!!
Talk about something new!
So I met with the camp director on Sunday and it turns out she is not even going to be at camp because she has to have surgey, again . . .
AHHHHH!!!!!
Fortunately, I do get to call another person to be my assisstant. Whew :) Holy cow I didn't realize how much work goes into preparing for camp! The food, activities, scheduling, equipment, certification, and the list goes on . . . and on . . . and on! But, like my piano teacher used to say,
"You eat an elephant one bite at a time!"
Amen to that!
I AM EXCITED, though! My sister, Katelyn is coming to stay with me this summer and she is going to come to camp too, so I'm excited for her! It will be a BLAST!!
Wish Me Luck
(I'm going to need it )
;)

3 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

How fun! Last year, I went to camp as an advisor and my little sis got to come with my as well! It was a blast, she is so much younger than me so we never got to attend Girls Camp together.

Good luck!

Carrie said...

Wow! That sounds awesome. I want to come. (o: You'll be great!

Mardi said...

Oh you will love it and the girls will too! Perfect calling for you! :) I love camping.