"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting My Groove Back!

So, at the beginning of the school year I was VERY nervous about the chanllenges that I would face and was having a REALLY hard time getting back in the swing of things.

Over the course of my summer and through various breaks from school I have decided that I am a home body.  I LOVE to be HOME!!!!! So, this makes it difficult to want to go to school and teach everyday and really did NOT help in my needing to find the drive to "just do it."

Luckily, things change and I am FINALLY feeling like I can do this.  My "special needs" student is doing really well.  We have still had a few out bursts, but things are going well . . . mostly :) 

It seems that at the beginning of the year I always forget how bad my last year's class started out.  I only seem to remember how they were when they left me (well trained and well behaved), so it makes it a challenge when the new group comes in every year and you have to start over.  Things are coming along, but boy I forget how chatty kids are!!! Still love 'em though :)

There are still LOTS of things I need to work on, but at least I am FINALLY starting to get my groove back and be able to function like I should. 

YEAH for me!!!! And it only took me 5 weeks into school to do it!! (he he he)  :) :)

3 comments:

annie said...

5 weeks is better than 5 months, lol! glad you are enjoying it a little more :) you rock! love ya lots ~

Bobi... said...

Glad it's all feeling a little more "normal"!

Carrie said...

5 weeks doesn't sound so bad. (: Hope you have a good year.