"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Tiny Tuckett Is On The Way!!

      Over the last few weeks I have begun to notice certain "weird" things happening with my body.  For example, my chest (the girls) have become EXTREMELY tender!! There was even one night when I got cold and they hurt so bad I thought I was going to cry!! After telling Rusty of my painful experience he said I needed to go see "The Doc" so I called them up and explained my experience.  The nurse then casually made the comment, "Could you be pregnant?"  Having received so many negative results in the past I simply answered, "Well, I guess I could be, but I'm not going to count on it." 

        So that nurse got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could be pregnant.  The next morning I resolved to get up and take a test first thing in the morning.  As my bladder woke me up at the lovely hour of 6:30AM on a Saturday, I realized that I was going to take a pregnancy test today.  So, I got up, went to the bathroom and proceeded to take the last test I had.  Here are the results:


That's right! They were positive!!!!! As I saw the TWO lines appear my hands began shaking and I hurried to find the instruction pamphlet just to make sure.  Yep! Two lines means PREGNANT. 

In the past when I've thought about how I would tell Rusty I thought of all of these cute ideas, but that morning they all went out the window.  I raced back into the bedroom, woke him up, and announced to him, "Babe! I'm pregnant!!!" And then proceeded to show him my positive test.  I have since taken two more, just to be sure and luckily for me they have all turned out positive just like the first one.

As of now, I am only aproximately 6 1/2 weeks along, but we won't know for sure until I get further along and the doctor can do an unltrasound.  I am scheduled for my first prenatal appointment in early February and just can't seem to wait that long!!!  Aa far as we can tell I am due September 5th.

It has been 16 months since Rusty and I started trying and now our prayers have been answered.  It's funny how things work out, but just before I found out I was pregnant I felt a calm about the whole thing.  I no longer felt that urgency in needing to get pregnant and I just felt good about where we are in life and how things are going.  It seems to me that it is always at these times that the greatest blessings come into my life.  I felt that same calm before I met, fell in love, and married my wonderful husband.  The Lord really does have a plan for us and I just hope and pray that I can contiue to prove myself worthy of His love for me!

So I want to know what all of you think I'm going to have! What are your predictions? Will it be a boy? A girl? Twins? What do you think? Leave me a comment and let me know!! :) I'm sooooo excited!!! :)

15 comments:

the h fam. said...

yay!! congrats! i just stumbled upon your blog through annies! glad i did! i think it's going to be a girl because taytum was an early sept baby and almost everyone i knew was having a girl then!

the Petterson Family said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I'M BAWLING! I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! THOSE ARE SOME REALLY PINK LINES!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!

Bobi... said...

WoO HoO!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I'm guessing you're going to have a girl- they do run in your family!

Lisa Love said...

Oh, I'm am just bawling!!! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news!!! You take care of yourself and that little miracle inside of you!! Keep us all posted. I'm going to pray even more for you now. Congratulations!! That spirit is probably jumping up and down ready to come to your family!!

Lisa Love said...

Oh and by the way...you NEVER have to prove yourself worthy of our Father's love. Once that little baby comes, you will understand. :)

Jeff and Ang said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you that I can't stop smiling (: I'm going to say BOY! My little boy is a September baby (:

Carrie said...

YaY! What else is there to say Bri!?! That is amazing and wonderful! Great news to start my day with. (:
Congratulations!
My guess...a little boy! What a cute little guy he will be too!

annie said...

can i get a woot-woo!! i'm hoping for twins ... 2 little rusty's brouhaha that would MAKE my day!! take it easy and hope you keep feeling good!! love ya!

Duckie said...

I say a girl. There's been a rush of boys lately. CONGRATS you two!!!!

Alyssa said...

CONGRATS! I'm excited for you, your lives will never be the same again! I can picture a mini Briana running around! :-)

Cheri said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm thrilled for you both! You're starting on the greatest adventure ever. Our prayers are with you for safe sailing and a lovely pregnancy!

Cheri Zinzer

Glennice & Brian said...

You will make a great mom! So happy for you.
(Oh, and Rusty will be a great dad too)

Annette said...

That is SOOOOOO exciting!!!!! Congratulations! I think it will be a girl. That is my vote.

Mardi said...

hmm, i say boy. i love boys! i am beyond excited! keep us posted.