"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My summer in a Nutshell

This summer has been absolutely NUTS!!! Like I'm sure most everybody's has been :) Here's a few things I got accomplished this summer :)

First there was my birthday and this is what a got from my Mom :)


 I got this ADORABLE little guy from my sis-in-law Whitney :)

Next a little home decor :) My friend, Kenna made the purple deals for me for my birthday. I think it turned out pretty cute :)

Here is the dresser I re-finished.  It just needs handles :)


AND . . . I cut my hair!!!! It's a little more grown out now, but I LOVE it!! :]

I also went to girls camp this year, but will not be going again :(  At least not as an assistan camp director.  I got a new calling.  Can you guess what it is?

That's right!! I am the new YOUNG WOMEN'S PRESIDENT!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Holy pressure!! I do love it though :) Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it :)

Well today was the first day of school and summer is officially over now :( But life goes on and I am actually excited about this year's class and happy to be back with the kids where I belong :)

2 comments:

Lisa Love said...

What a fun summer and so many cute gifts. ADORABLE hair cut...perfect for a fabulous new YW president. My one bit of advice that will cover everything...never, never doubt the inspiration that it took for the Bishop to extend this calling to you. Never doubt it. That will save you from asking to be released a time or two :) You will be so wonderful! The YW in your ward are incredibly blessed.

Leah said...

Cute sock monkey! And I love the dresser; good job.