"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LOTS of projects and a visit with my Mom

Up here in "potato country" (aka Idaho) we are lucky enough to be one of the last school districts that gets what we call "spud harvest" (aka a 2 week vacation!!!)  During my 2 weeks off this year my mom was able to come visit me, which was WAY FUN!!! :)  During her stay we worked on a TON of different projects for Christmas gifts with a few miscellaneous projects thrown in here and there.  So be prepared to see A LOT of pictures :)  If you want to know how to do any of these fabulous crafts just let me know and I'd be HAPPY TO SHARE!!!! =]

This is a fun and festive burlap Halloween wreath I made. SUPER EASY!!!


Next, we made these plates for my mom to give to the ladies she visit teaches and I made them for the Young Women to use at mutual and give away with some goodies on them :) Another SUPER EASY craft!  We made 8 of these all together.


We also made these plates for Christmas to give to our visiting teaching ladies :) Don't you wish I visit taught you?! Ha ha just kidding ;)  We made 8 of these as well.


We made these flowers to give as Christmas presents to my sisters and cousins.  Way fun and EASY!! (are you noticing a pattern yet? Yes, we like EASY crafts! he he ) I don't even know how many of these we made. TONS!! :)

These are boards you hang on the wall to hold any pictures, notes, and momentos you want.  And guess what, they are  . . . SUPER EASY!!  We made about 8 of these all together.

This is a picture of a board and bow holder and bows I made for my little sis for Christmas (I hope she doesn't see this and spoil the surprise!) =]  And YES I ACTUALLY SEWED!!!!!!! (If you know me then you know that I AM NOT a sewer, but I gave it a whirl and after A LOT of picking out stitches I FINALLY got the hang of it. Kinda =] )

This is a tie blanket and a board I made for a friend of mine.  The board is for her to hang in the baby's room, that is due in November and the blanket is for her.  She LOVES bright green (the pic doesn't do it justice) and zebra so how perfect is that! :)

These are just a few of the frames I made that say "Families Are Forever."  (My mom had hers packed already)

I made SEVERAL of these with various family names of them, but I can't show you those in case the receipients see my blog :) So this is one for my brother and sis-in-law who live in Arizona (I think I'm pretty safe showing you theirs) =]

These are some more frames I made with various sayings on them (oh, by the way, when I say I "made" them I mean that I put in the paper, cut the vinyl and put it on the frame.  Just to clarify) =]

And yet SOME MORE frames!!! I really like the quotes though :) Oh man I did SOOOO many of these!! Adding up ALL the vinyl frames I'd say I did around 20! Yeah it took FOREVER, but it was easy :)

I also made three carseat canopies, but I forgot to take pictures of those.  I'll post those later :) Yep, there was more of my loveley sewing skills at work (or not so lovely in my case!).  I'm learning, but certainly don't have the hang of it yet!! Thank you soooooooooo much Mom for teaching me and being so patient when I messed up! :)

My mom also made 5 tie blankets, 3 quillows (a quilt that folds into a pillow), and a regular blanket.  She was FIERCE on that sewing machine!! :)

All in all we got A LOT done, but boy was it A LOT of work!!! It was soooo fun to have my mom visit and I can't wait to do it again next year!! :)

3 comments:

The Eagar Boones said...

Wow! I don't think I have made 1/4 of all that this whole year. I have such good intentions, and we know where that leads . . . Anyway sounds fun, ok maybe not fun, but productive! Crafts stress me out. Yours all looked great.

Bobi... said...

Way to go Busy Bri, or should I say Busy BEE! You and your mom rocked it! Nice goin! And BTW- thanks so much for the blanket and the turtle board. I am actually wrapped up in the fabulous green zebra blanket right now!! And I think I have chosen the place I will be putting the board in #4's room! :) Thanks Bri!

USA said...

WHOA! Slow it down over there! Holy cow, you girls ROCK! I'm so glad your mom was able to come and spend that time with you! YEAH! You have some awesome gifts going on...