"For [God] will fulfill all His promises which He shall make unto you, for He has fulfilled His promises which He has made unto our fathers." ~ Alma 37:17

Monday, March 28, 2011

We Are Now Friends :)

The sewing machine and I . . . are now FRIENDS!!!!! 

I have done VERY LITTLE sewing in my life and that is mostly due to the fact that the sewing machine and I have NOT been friends!! IF you want to hear a sewing machine cry when someone sits down to it and snarl while in use, come to my house!! If an "oops" can be made in sewing I can make it!

However, this is all starting to change.  Last fall my mom gave me a crash course in sewing when she was up here and I am slowly getting the hang of it.  This last week I made a couple of carseat covers (way cute pieces of fabric that attach to infant carseat handles and go over the whole carseat to help keep your little one sheltered from cold, sun, rain, snow, etc). 

I made one for a friend who is having a baby boy and one who is having a baby girl.  I am REALLY HAPPY with how they turned out!! Over the course of this project I have mastered threading my machine and refilling and re-threading the bobon.  I am still trying to master the sewing a straight sem :) It's a work in progress, but with no MAJOR screw ups the sewing machine and I are now friends and I hope that this is the start of a beautiful relationship. :)  Here are some pics of my projects.

Here is the boy cover. Aren't those jungle animals cute?!


Here is a close up of the fun buttons I put on the straps that attach to the carseat handle. T
he buttons are just for decoration.  The straps attach with velcro.


Here is an up close pic of this CUTE fabric.  Look I even put on some rick rack!!


This is the girl cover I did.  Don't you just LOVE those flowers?! I DO!! :)

Here's a close up of those dang cute buttons!!

I LOVE the polka dots with the flowers!! I also did some cute rick rack on this one.
I am beginning to be a HUGE fan of rick rack!! So cute!! :)


 

5 comments:

USA said...

Way to go Bri! Sewing can be so rewarding, I wish I took more time to complete the list of projects I'd like to! Good work! (Your projects turned out REALLY cute!)

Meagan said...

Wow! Those look great! I tried to be friends with sewing machine, but it didn't work out:) My friend was the seam ripper...(i think that what its called.) anyways, you did an AMAZING job! They look great!

Adam,Emily, Paisley, Hayden, and Landon said...

so so so cute! Love it! you are super talented :D

Carrie said...

C.U.T.E. I really like the fabrics you chose. Glad you've made a new friend. (: Did you use a tutorial somewhere so the rest of us can try?

Brianna Tuckett said...

Carrie I didn't use a tutorial. I just looked at a paper at Porter's then talked to a friend and made it up as I went. But I can certainly post a tutorial if you'd like :)